More of a visual person? Watch this episode with accompanying slides on Youtube.
In this episode I’m talking about app monetisation models, or how you will actually make money from your application!
I love working with visionaries who aren’t driven by money alone, but I think most people will agree that the investment required to build, launch and maintain an app warrants some revenue coming in eventually.
That’s why it’s always a good idea to start thinking about possible app monetisation models early in the development process.
Now, let me ask you a question…When was the last time you paid for an app?
If you’re scratching your head trying to remember, you’re not alone.
PAY-TO-DOWNLOAD APPS ARE DEAD.
Customers don’t want to pay for apps before they use them, and they have zero tolerance for monetisation methods that disrupt the user experience once they’re inside the app.
Pretty tough ask to please the consumer these days, isn’t it?
The good news is that there is so much choice available to app developers in 2015 to not only choose ‘off the shelf’ monetisation models (more on that later) but also blend and adapt monetisation models to craft their perfect stream of revenue.
In this episode I’ll cover:
- The pros and cons of the 5 most popular monetisation models big money apps are using today
- Insights into blended and non-traditional monetisation models being used by Duolingo, Tinder and Snapchat (to name just a few!)
- 6 questions to help you choose one that is right for you and your customers.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Enjoy the episode and let me know if you loved it or hated it (or anything in between is fair game too!).
I’d also love it if you left us a rating and a review on iTunes :)
Where to go next:
Listen to episode 2: How To Get Your First 10,000 App Users
Latest posts by Logan Merrick (see all)
- Ep 18: Collective Campus’ CEO on Intrapreneurship and Corporate Innovation - December 20, 2016
- 50 User Engagement Strategies For Planning Memorable Mobile Experiences - December 19, 2016
- Latest Data: App Monetisation Trends And Drivers 2015-2020 - November 25, 2016