We are looking to hire an iOS App Developer (Objective-C, Swift)
“We believe that technology is the new frontier of human evolution, and everything we build helps in pushing humanity forward. We think this is exciting enough to make it our profession.”
– Graham McCorkill, Managing Director, Buzinga App Development.
Do you have a keen interest in innovation, digital technology and mobile? Do you love solving problems for your clients? And do you like the idea of creating world class mobile & web based platforms in a fun and supportive environment?
Then you are going to love this job…
Right now, we’re on the hunt for a number of superstar Developers, including an iOS App Developer, to join our expanding Melbourne-based team, and help foster an awesome client experience, while delivering their digital products on-time, on-budget, and fit for purpose. The details of the role are listed below. But first, let us tell you a little about Buzinga.
About Buzinga App Development…
Buzinga is a uniquely competitive Australian-based app development company. We partner with businesses big and small to deliver technically-sound mobile solutions with a focus on user engagement.
Our products are used by millions of people around the world and have been featured in major news publications in Australia.
If you can see yourself working in our award winning company culture, building relationships and working on incredible projects then read on.
You’re still reading this so let’s assume you love what you’re seeing! Let’s also assume that the following appeals to you:
- You love working with open, honest and fun-loving people. This is a BS-free environment.
- A cold drink on a Friday afternoon fits your bill. Better make that two.
- Did we mention that lunch is provided on Fridays? Also, fresh fruit is on the table everyday.
- Who wants to start early in the morning? Working hours are between 10am-6pm.
- You’re a strategic and technically minded individual, and a stickler for detail.
- You enjoy building relationships and consider yourself a fantastic communicator… I think you’ll fit right in!
- You enjoy working hard when you know it is worth your while.
- Happiness is the new productivity. We’ve got table tennis and basketball ring sorted. Bring your ideas to the table!
- Are you looking for a fast growing company where there’s tonnes of opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Our office is located in Richmond – cafes, restaurants and shopping galore!
Our goals is to be one of Australia’s Best Workplaces by the end of 2017. We believe that by inspiring our people through education and by creating an environment where they love to be, we can generate more ideas, optimise performance and manufacture happiness.
The iOS App Developer Role
As mentioned above, right now we’re on the hunt for awesome Developers to join our team. They will work closely with clients and Buzinga’s internal / external team to deliver quality projects, on-time, and within budget. The role doesn’t differ too much from what a traditional Developer role would look like, however, we expect you not only to develop some of our client’s applications, but also to be able to create application architectures that other developers can follow and take direction from you to deliver.
Some preferable attributes of a potential candidate:
- Understanding of the different types of Development and Management Methodologies – e.g. LEAN, Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Strong development skills in two or more disciplines, listed below
- Excellent team and client communication skills
- Strong time management skills
Other attributes that we are looking for in an applicant:
- You are motivated; a self-starter with high attention to detail
- A high level of interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Passion for mobile technology and how it can be effectively applied
- Logical thinking with an ability to anticipate problems and find solutions
- Passion for continual technological learning
- Understanding of how the system infrastructure works for a mobile-based platform
- Experienced in digital PM tools (‘Teamwork’ preferable)
- Confident collaborating and clearly articulating ideas with both clients and your team
Ok, how do we start working together?
Well, first off we want to get to know you. So let’s do this: via the Seek portal, upload your resume/CV highlighting your three most relevant working experiences and any relevant education. In your cover letter, answer the following questions:
- What is it about technology that most interests you, and why? (One paragraph)
- What is it about this job ad that most interests you, and why? (One paragraph)
- What makes you stand out over any other applicant for this role? (One paragraph)
Where to apply?