In this episode, I’m discussing at a high level the key factors that will allow you to raise funds for your app startup.
The format is very different to my normal episodes, so please let me know what you think…
Getting a new business off the ground is an expensive process.
Most people don’t have hundreds of thousands in cash lying around, so they hit the investment circuit at various times in the development process.
It’s never been a better time in Australia to seek startup investment (thankyou, #IdeasBoom), so you have an advantage to look forward to already!
In this episode I’ll cover:
1.CONFIDENCE – Why it’s everything, and how to get more of it.
2.How to plan for getting investment and breaking it up into stages.
3.How much does an MVP cost? Why you should never ask this question.
4.What being unique actually means, and why competitors don’t matter.
5.Where are the investors hiding? Spoiler: You already know dozens.
6.Team. What hard skills and structure do investors want to see if your founding team?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
None! But if this is a topic you’re interested in you should definitely make use of these resources:
- The 1 page business plan. It’s flexible and designed for agile startups like you!
- The types of funding available by startup stage
- The Investment Pitching Kit – They only template you’ll need for what to include in your pitch. Includes a customisable pitch deck.
- The Information Memorandum Investors Actually Want To Read – A compulsory document to hand to investors after your pitch
Where to go next:
Listen to episode 8: 4 Ways To Double Your Startup Profits
Latest posts by Logan Merrick (see all)
- Ep 18: Collective Campus’ CEO on Intrapreneurship and Corporate Innovation - December 20, 2016
- 50 User Engagement Strategies For Planning Memorable Mobile Experiences - December 19, 2016
- Latest Data: App Monetisation Trends And Drivers 2015-2020 - November 25, 2016