In this episode I’m talking about the 5 cheapest, leanest app marketing strategies that will have a huge impact on your app’s downloads.
According to the Startup Muster 2015 report, the number 1 most reported internal challenge for Australian startups is customer acquisition.
This data suggests that most startups lack sales skills or a knowledge of how the ‘marketing funnel’ works.
The paradox is that apps attract users through good ratings, word of mouth and recommendations from existing users…But how do you attract those initial users who will get the ball rolling?
In this episode I’ll cover:
- 5 cost-effective, lean customer acquisition strategies:
- Email marketing
- Referral/incentive marketing
- Product-driven content
- Paid online advertising
- How to be where your users are
- How much should it cost? Benchmarks for key costs you should be tracking.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Enjoy the episode and let me know what you’d like me to talk about in the next one!
I’d also love it if you left us a rating and a review on iTunes :)
Where to go next
Listen to episode 5: The 5 App Metrics That Are Crucial To Your Success
Latest posts by Logan Merrick (see all)
- Latest Data: App Monetisation Trends And Drivers 2015-2020 - November 25, 2016
- 4 Ways To Transform The Customer Experience With Artificial Intelligence In Mobile Apps - November 12, 2016
- From Idea To $1M+ Seed Round: The Clover Story | Pollinate Melbourne - November 9, 2016